Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Collaboration: what's all the fuss?


Welcome to Public Management Australia a blog written by Janine O'Flynn, an academic in the Crawford School of Economics and Government at The Australian National University . The aim of the blog is to connect with those interested in issues of public management in Australia and around the world.

To start us off, my first post will be on the issue of collaboration in the public sector. Collaboration has became an increasingly popular notion, not just in the Australian public sector but around world. Recently I co-edited a book on Collaborative Governance in Australia as part of the Australia and New Zealand School of Government series and it is now available to download from the ANU E Press. The book brings together papers from practitioners in government, non-profits, and academics.

My chapter raises the question as to whether we really have much evidence for collaborative practice, as opposed to collaboration talk. It also questions whether collaboration is just another buzzword which has taken hold. Feel free to comment!

Download the book (or individual chapters) for free: http://epress.anu.edu.au/collab_gov_citation.html

4 comments:

  1. Dr O'Flynn,

    I love the Blog. Bhutan sounds so interesting, what a wonderful experience for you.

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts hot off the press. You are now in my faves.

    Cheers,

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liza! I thought I should get into the blogging world - I am not sure I will be as good as you though. Hope you all have a great Christmas.

    Cheers,

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent to have you here in the Blogosphere Janine. Look forward to reading each and every post.

    Cheers,

    Andre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :)I have been enjoying yours too. Hope all is well.

    Cheers,

    Janine

    ReplyDelete